Saturday, November 21, 2009

Illegal Immigration and Health Coverage


The article for this week’s bog that I chose was, Illegal Immigration May Be a Rift Issue. I got the article from The New York Times. I started with the New York Times because it would be easy to choose an article from the last thirty days. When I got to the New York Times site, I typed in my topic, Illegal Immigration to the United States. The first article that popped out was Illegal Immigration May Be a Rift Issue. I chose that article because it was posted that same day I got it. Another reason why I chose the article was that I did not know anything about what was going on with Illegal Immigrants and health care, but now I epiphany it.


The article mostly had facts that talked about health care and illegal immigrants. The legislation house confronted with the senate about Illegal Immigrants having access to public resources. Immigrants will not be able to benefit from health coverage. Illegal Immigrants have to pay the full cost of their policies, but emergency rooms still have to treat immigrants. Many people how oppose, believe that immigrants will not be able to afford paying their health costs. Eric C. Rodriguez vice president of La Raza said, “These folks are not getting public benefits. It’s like saying that unauthorized workers should not use our highways or the internet.” Rodriquez believes that some immigrant families might fear gaining coverage for their kids that are citizens.


I think that it is not fair for immigrants to benefit from health coverage. I do not think its fair because immigrants are in the United Sates and they work hard like any other American living here. I feel that it is discrimination towards them. Immigrants are not rich, most work labor jobs for cheap wages, which probably means that they will not be able to afford their health care without help. The only things that I agree with from this article are that immigrant families with citizen children will be scared to ask for health care help for their children. In addition, I think that it is good that emergency rooms have to help immigrants when needing treatment.


Illegal Immigration May Be a Rift Issue was a very short and jejune article. The article was new for me and the health issue is unfair for illegal immigrants. I think that people should remember that immigrants that are in the U.S. In addition, they work hard for cheap pay. It is unfair for them pay health coverage when they are not paid enough to afford it. Over all it think that it is Unfair for Illegal Immigrants to pay health coverage.

Source

Slack, Kevin. "Illegal Immigration May Be a Rift Issue." New York Times 11 Nov. 2009, Health sec.: 1-4. Print.

2 comments:

  1. Daisy....i think your blog is interesting and very helpful to understand...i like the way you explain your article and the reason of why you got it.....your blog made get interested on it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy your blog has good facts, but it would probably help to edit a little bit because there are quite a few mistakes in it. Other than that it was well done.

    ReplyDelete