Monday, December 14, 2009

Sourses

Here are six sources I have used in my blogs. Some are bias, and others look at both side of the situation.

Passel, Jeffery. "National Origins Of Illegal Immigrants:2004." www.willisms.com. 14 June 2005. 24 Nov. 2009 .

This is the source were I got my graph from. The pie graph shows national origins of illegal immigrants in the year 2004. By showing me the percentage and the different types of immigrants in the United States, I know that immigrants from all over the world circumnavigate the borders to get to the United States. I already new that so the graph doesn‘t help me much. This graph is only good because it gives me a visual of the many different types of immigrants groups in the United States. It also shows me which immigrant group has the highest and lowest percentage in The United States. This source was okay because it wasn’t bias and I think it shows the right information. Other then that I don’t think it is reliable. The source isn’t reliable because it gives me information from 2004. And the source is about four years old. The graph on my blog, made people see the percentage of different immigrants in the United States, and I think it helped because some people understand better in visual.

Slack, Kevin. "Illegal Immigration May Be a Rift Issue." New York Times 11 Nov. 2009, Health sec.: 1-4. Print
.
This source was an article from the New York Times. It talked about Illegal immigrants and health issues. It said immigrants would not be able to benefit from health coverage Illegal Immigrants have to pay the full cost of their policies, but emergency rooms still have to treat immigrants. The article just let us know what was going on with immigrants and health. The author didn’t give his opinion but other people did like, Eric C. Rodriguez vice president of La Raza. He said, “These folks are not getting public benefits. It’s like saying that unauthorized workers should not use our highways or the internet.” The article was not bias because it was full of facts. It was a good source because it came from the news paper and it gave facts. It was also very recent, and reliable. This source gave me information that I didn’t know and that was good because I learned something new.

"Michael Ramos-Lynch '09: Border fence a bad idea - and illegal, too." www.browndailyherald.com. Jihan Chao · College Publisher powered by move and MTV Networks, 12 Apr. 2009. Web. 13 Nov. 2009.

This article came out in the Brown Daily Herald. The article talks about how the border fence is a bad idea. It moves on to how it’s unfair for immigrants. And the article ends with making the border fence look bad. It says that the fence has harmed the animal’s environment and the governments made a 3 million mistake when building the fence. It gives examples of what people think about the fence. For example, “The mayor of Laredo, Raul Salinas, stated in a National Public Radio report, "These are people that are sustaining our economy by forty percent, and I am gonna close the door on them and put a wall? You don't do that. It's like a slap in the face. The article was new to me because I didn’t know much about the border fence, and I thought that most Americans agreed with it. I think that if people read this article they will have a positive side when it comes down to illegal immigrants. They would also learn some thing to, like that the border fence harmed animals and that the border fence wasn’t such a good idea to build. I think this source was reliable because it was on the news paper and the publisher was MTV.

Stonger, Jon. "No Mas! Why the Border Fence is Not Enough." www.hereticalideas.com. 7 Aug. 2008. Web. 13 Oct. 2009.

This source talked about how the border fence was not enough. It pretty much gave ideas on other ways to keep immigrants out of the United States. It said that if the border fence in the south is doing good keeping people out, then building a wall in the north well be good to. If a wall were to be build in the north it would keep out more foreigners. The author also talked about how we should build a wall under seas, and a type of force field in the sky. The article went on to how the border wasn’t enough and that by building more fences it ill keep out terrorist and drug dealers. This article was the opinion of a person, therefore it just gives me different view points on illegal immigration. That’s good because I see different side on my topic. AlSo the author gave his ideas on what he though about the border and those are new ideas to me that I didn’t know about. I don’t think this source is reliable because it’s just a random person’s opinion.

"Illegal immigration." Usimmigrationsupport.org. Us immigration support, 2009. Web. 6 Oct. 2009. <
http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/illegal_immigration.html

I used this source to do my website review. It was one of my first sources, and it gave me lot information this website talked about illegal immigration to the United States. It talked about why immigrants come to the United States. How they come here, what they do when they are in the United States, how they live, and are treated here. This was a very good and reliable source. It gave information that I new already, and other information that I didn’t. It was fast to navigate, it was laid out perfectly, and it doesn’t use circumlocution, I could find information fast and it got to the point. The best thing is that it is an independent organization; it’s not trying to make money like other websites. It provides you with reliable information because what is written is checked before being posted.

Head, Tom. "Why I Support Amnesty for Undocumented Immigrants." Civilliberty.about.com. 2009. Web. 23 Oct. 2009.

This source was about amnesty. I talked about how the author supports illegal immigration amnesty. The author shares his reasons. He goes on to explain that
12 to 20 million people are already leaving in the United States, and an amnesty will only benefit certain people. Amnesty is a good solution that would benefit both the United States and illegal immigrants. The source shows the authors view points and he backed up why immigrants should have amnesty. The website did look good but I don’t think this source is reliable because its persons view points. It didn’t help much but I thought it was good that he shared his opinion and was able to back it up.

Those were my six sources. Some were bias, others gave and pointed out facts. But I used all of them in my topic, and they helped me get my work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment